Monday, August 8, 2011

Home from Guatemala!!!

We are back from Guatemala and getting back into our daily routine with work and home and school. The trip was so exciting and filled with "God sightings" everyday.
We helped build 4 houses for widows and their children. And what an awesome experience it was to be able to get to know each of these families-especially the kids! The children in this area have little to nothing according to American standards. However, despite their lack of things-toys, video games, netflix, etc- they are so filled with joy!It feels as though I left a little piece of my heart with each child that I met, and they have left a permanent impression on me. I can only hope that I left the same kind of impression on their heart as well. My prayer is that God will use those little moments to start a seed growing in their heart that will one day blossom into a mighty oak tree!
I posted some of the pictures up so you can see them. I tried to narrow it down, but it is still alot! I wish I could post one or a few of the "best" pictures here for you to see, but I couldn't choose just a few. There was really too much that happened to sum it up in a couple photos.
Probably too much for just one blog post! So I will add more this week and next as the time allows.
Anyway, I want to personally thank everyone who made this trip possible! You know who you are! With out your support-prayer and financial-this would not have been possible. Pray America is an awesome organization that we as a church have partnered with since 2007. And thanks to Pray America's permanent presence in Chichicastenango, so many lives have been touched and moved by the love of God. On our trip to Guatemala, Pray America's 600th house was built!!! So, now, over 600 families have been affected by the love of God, and you and I have been blessed to be a part of that. I just think that is awesome!
Thank you, thank you for your prayers. And keep praying! Pray for the continual growth of Pray America's ministry in Guatemala and Eternal Church, for the hearts of those in Guatemala who are just learning about Jesus Christ's love for them, and pray for missionaries around the world as well!
God Bless and Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment